Reflections of 1st Semester
Over the first semester I discovered many new artists but I think my favorite is Ansel Adams. My favorite style of photography is landscape and nature photography, and Adams has some of the best landscape photography with Yosemite as the background. I particularly like the winter photographs showing the contrast of the white snow against the black and grey cliff faces above.
Over the semester I also learned a lot of new ways to use my camera and the digital editing software. I've learned how to capture things such as still motion and wide open shots by adjusting the aperture and shutter speed and the subject of my photo by better learning how to use manual zoom and focus.
I think my favorite project was project five. Part of this project was trying to get shots with a wide open aperture to get a deep depth of view. This way I was able to take some of my favorite photos of the imposing figure of Mt Hood and Mt St Helens over the city.




Comments
Post a Comment